Preparing You For Life After the Marriage Ends
Divorce is one of the most traumatic experiences a couple can undergo. When children are involved, the results can be devastating to everyone. That is why you need someone in your corner with the abilities to protect you and your children’s best interests. AT the Law Office of Andrew G. Storie, we focus our time and efforts to doing just that. We strive to provide you with a firm grasp of the options available to you as well as the next steps to take after discussing the specifics of you case over a free consultation. You will have the peace of mind to know we are with you every step of the way from negotiation and mediation to trial.
The Steps Involved in Seeking a Divorce
Before filing for divorce there are some helpful tips you should know.
- One party must be a resident of Florida for a least six months prior to filing.
- Custody and visitation do not exist in Florida. Instead, the court involved in the proceedings will devise a parenting plan and a schedule for timesharing in the event that children are involved in the divorce.
- Child support is determined by several mathematical and economic factors but both parties will be required to provide support for any children.
- Before any case can go to trial, The State of Florida will require that you and your spouse enter mediation. We believe that mediation is one option for a successful resolution of your case.
- There is no mathematical formula for alimony and can be more freely negotiated.